Lentil Soup & Mustard Dumplings
Write a review
- 5 ozs red lentils
- 3 ozs yellow split peas
- 2-3 large carrots (grated)
- 1/2 small turnip (grated
- 1 Onion ( grated)
- 1 large potato cut into small chunks
- Gammon pieces
- 3-4 ham stock cubes, or stock from a gammon joint
- salt and plenty of black pepper
- 4 ozs self raising flour
- 2 ozs Atora suet
- mix stock cubes with hot water in a large pan, then add grated carrot,turnip onions, red lentils and split peas.
- Cook until all are soft. Meanwhile cook the potato in a separate pan and add to the soup when almost cooked.
- Finally shred the Gammon and add to soup.
- mix thoroughly, then add enough cold water mix until the dough is soft and pliable (not too wet). Add Mustard to taste.
- With floured hands make rounds ( approx 4) with eh dumpling mix and add to the soup, cook for about 20 mins
Web Paje https://web-paje.co.uk/